Sunday, January 11, 2009

My First Blog

Dear Expectant Mothers and Fathers,
I am writing my first blog to kick off my new blog spot Positive First Birth. I am a mother of two children who had a positive, empowering first birth and hope others would share their birth stories with me and followers of the blog.

When I was pregnant with my first child, I heard a lot of horror stories about birth. Many women recounted the details with dread and discomfort. Intuitively, though, I knew birth could be different--and it was! I had a wonderful birth experience with my daughter and through the process became more confident and empowered. My story was not like those I'd heard from my friends--it was positive and joyful. I believe that birth can be more than just a means to an end and can give women and their partners more than a child. Please join me on the crusade to turn birth into a true labor of love--and one that is positive and healthy.

Peace,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment